Monday, September 15, 2014

Pop Culture of China

I am come from south China. The poster is about the culture of south China. Dim sum is the one of popular culture in south China, people like to go to the restaurant to eat some dim sums and drink tea, we called is “Yum cha” so I think this culture is important for Chinese.  I also showed some tradition foods, roast pork and chicken, those foods are used to treat people in some traditional festivals.  Some of the pop culture is going to be lost because some young people do not want to inherit. Here I showed Piao-se and Cantonese opera.  Those cultures are popular form past to present, but now most young people aspire some new things because they think those old cultures are not “cool”. I want more people to remember and inherit our culture, those are our treasures. Also I showed some symbols of Chinese, Bronze Ding and temple. Chinese are respecting those because they are sacred. Finally, I showed the ancient construction which is famous in my hometown. Anyway, I think the poster will deeply to present the pop culture of Chinese.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole BBQ pork and steam whole chicken are delicious and popluar in china. The whole BBQ pork and steam whole chicken have special significance at festivals. those are mark who has festival day. why they want the whole BBQ pork and steam whole chicken to celebrate the festival day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those tradition foods for celebrate festival day because they means auspicious.

      Delete
  3. Hi yanyuan!
    You know I like Dim Sum from south of china. I have question for you, I saw you showed the cantonese opera, do you like it? And can you sing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the Cantonese opera i think it is a part of my child memory because when i was a child, my grandparent always listened the Cantonese opera. And i cannot sing it because it is hard to sing.

      Delete
  4. My good friend, do you want to cook the special food for me? I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete